Jelena Telenius, from Aalto University, was the favorite of the audience at the 2nd ScienceSLAM Helsinki on 22nd of June 2011 with her animated love story of a photon and electron hidden behind the reason for the yellow color of indian curry. Congratulations, Jelena!
Inside the sold out Nosturi Alakerta, in total 6 presenters were competing for the votes of the audience, who could experience some really extra-ordinary performances.
The list of performers at the 2nd ScienceSLAM Helsinki was:
– André Schumacher, “Distributed Algorithm for Spanning Trees (a human experiment)”
– Eino Partanen, “Dancing – from personality and perception to rehabilitation”
– Hanna Ollila, “Awake nightmare”
– Jarno M. Koponen, “Futureful – A Predictive Discovery Engine”
– Jelena Telenius, “Why does indian curry look yellow?”
– Kumaripaba Athukorala, “AudioImger – Simplest Video Creation”
Thanks again to all the presenters for the great show, and to the audience for their enthusiastic support. It has been a wonderful evening!