What would happen if you threw a handful of young enthusiastic scientists in front of the audience of a local bar and let them compete for applause? This, you will find out at Helsinki’s first ScienceSLAM on Thursday, 31.3.2011, 20:00, at Nosturi Alakerta, Helsinki.
The program for the first event is set and we are looking forward to a great bunch of presenters with some amazing performances:
– Harri Varpanen, ‘Juggling patterns – interacting particle systems and low-dimensional topology’
– Boris Vassilev, ‘M.L.N sixty-four – the exciting story of a protein’
– Jonna Ahti, ‘Emoticons as pragmatic markers in chat-room conflicts’
– Pekka Laitila, ‘A bayesian network experience’
– Rainer Lehtonen, ‘Restaurant genetics – social applications’
Who will be the lucky one to conquer the golden microphone?
Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday!